Essential Steps to Enhance your Search Engine RankingsBy: Navneet Kaushal
July 9th, 2008
- Identify Right Keywords and Incorporate Them in Your Headlines: Find out what search terms your target audience will use when looking for the kind of information, goods or services your site provides. You need to use relevant keywords in your headline to make the search engines identify your website as per the user query. It would be advisable for you to use Wordtracker for such a task as it is known to one of the best tools in this field.
- Get Inbound Links from Similar Websites: It is essential that you find some high-quality websites that offer the same products or services as your website does and include them in a resource section on your website. It is quite possible that, your visitors will bookmark your 'resources' page as they will appreciate the hard work you've done for them. Maybe the website, whose link you've provided in your site, may link back to you as well. Linking to higher, authoritative websites provide a larger scope for increased search engine rankings.
- Write Periodic Reviews of Relevant Websites: It is always beneficial for your website, if you write good, honest and useful reviews of the websites that are relevant to your website. Your reviews will greatly impress the visitors and also the owners of the websites that you've reviewed. A good coverage will lead to greater amount of inbound links. It is always better to send an e -mail to the websites as soon as your review is published. But, remember not to beg them for a link back.
- Monitor your Website Traffic: It is always advisable to monitor your site traffic. This will inform you about the pages that have succeeded and those that haven't. You can also use feedburner that would allow you to get simple statistics on web traffic.
- Content is Very Important: All the above points would prove useless, if the content of your website isn't able to compliment above four steps. Remember, your website is as good as its content is. If you are running a blog, then you should maintain constant activity on your blog and publish regularly. It is better to publish fewer high quality posts than many of low quality, ones. If you publish too much, readers may find it hard to identify the good posts from the casual ones and get frustrated. You don't want that!
About the Author: Nav is the founder and CEO of Page Traffic, a premier search engine company known for its assured SEO service, web design and development, copywriting and full time SEO professionals. Navneet has wide experience in natural search engine optimization, internet marketing and PPC campaigns. He is a prolific writer and his articles can be found in the "Best Articles" section of many websites and article banks. As a search engine analyst , he has over 9 years of experience and his knowledge is in application here.